DANIEL D. WISE, R.L.A.
557 Church Road York, PA 17404 firstname.lastname@example.org (717) 668-3834
Landscape Architect, Land Development/Civil Project Manager, Designer, & Planner
______________________________PROFESSIONAL PROFILE/ QUALIFICATIONS______________________
- Senior professional with over thirty years of vast experience collaborating with Civil, Environmental, Traffic/Transportation, Structural, and Electrical Engineers, Surveyors, Architects and Land Planners on residential, recreational, commercial, industrial, institutional, and municipal projects.
- Registered Landscape Architect licensed to practice in Pennsylvania
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate
______________________AREAS OF EXPERTISE_____________________________
- Subdivision & Land Development Planning
- Athletic & Recreation/Park Facility Design & Comprehensive/Master Planning
- Landscape/Planting Design & Specification
- Erosion & Sediment Control and Stormwater Management Design & Specification
- Achieved fast-track municipal and governmental approvals including an unprecedented eleven variances for two mid-rise apartment buildings connected by a pedestrian skywalk on a one acre site in the Borough of Gettysburg, Adams County, PA.
- Managed all aspects of a four-block, multi-million dollar streetscape improvement project from concept through construction including a creative history plaza and a war memorial courtyard.
- Incorporated “cutting-edge” Stormwater Best Management Practice features into various developments and presented a case study of one such noteworthy project at a well-attended seminar sponsored by PA DEP introducing their Pennsylvania Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual.
- Promoted community revitalization through volunteer design & construction efforts for a Community Peace Garden project. The efforts were recognized in an article entitled “Peace Garden Gives Community Pride” in the September 2008 issue of Landscape Architect and Specifier News.
- Established Wise Land Design, a sole proprietorship consulting business offering contract landscape architectural and civil / site design services, 2009-2010.
- Advanced Skills in Autocadd Civil 3D and various other office and engineering software programs.
____________________WORK EXPERIENCE / SKILLS_________________________
- Marketing, client consultation, site investigation and analysis, and consulting proposals
- Construction cost estimates, regulatory/deed research, land development and subdivision plan reviews, comprehensive and master planning
- Sketching/ color rendering (hand & M-color), hand drafting (plan/profile/details),
- Computer–aided design/drafting (AutoCAD/Land Development Desktop 2008 / Civil 3D)
- Design and specifications: layout / planting / grading / drainage / sanitary / water / erosion & sediment control/ PCSWM BMP/ stream restoration / wetland mitigation / roadway / streetscape / recreation & athletic facilities
- Drainage and earthwork calculations (hand and computer: Hydraflow Hydrographs & Storm Sewers, Flowmaster,
- Utility, survey, and sub-consultant coordination
- Permit applications: PENNDOT highway occupancy, PA DEP planning modules, PA DEP individual and general, NPDES. US ACE, PA DCNR documentation & applications, various PA municipal approvals
- Plan presentation, client representation, letter/ report preparation, project management/budgeting
- Bid-related and Construction-related services and documents.
________________________EDUCATION / COMMUNITY SERVICE________________________
- Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 1985
- Associate in Arts in Business Studies, Harrisburg Area Community College, 2010, Highest Honors
- LEED Green Associate training, Everblue Training Institute, 2011
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control Training Course. CPESC, Inc.
- Zion Lutheran Church, Property Team & Columbarium Board member, 2008- present
- PSMJ Resources Project Management Course, passed
- Adams-Hanover Leadership Program graduate, June 2004
- York Habitat For Humanity Building and Site Selection Committee member, 2003
- York County / Penn State Agriculture Cooperative Extension Master Gardener programgraduate,1993/1994
- Various training seminars in Autocadd, Photoshop, Erosion Control, Project Management, LEED topics, Land Development Regulation, Stormwater Management, and NPDES. 1985-present.
Senior Site Technician,
LSC Design, Inc.
October 2012 to August 2016)
Project Professional ,
K & W Engineering
(August 2011 to September 2012)
PennTerra Engineering, Inc.
(November 2010 to July 2011)
G. L. Brown & Associates, Inc.
York, PA & work sites in Bradford and
Wyoming Counties, PA
(July 2010 to September 2010, temporary position)
Wise Land Design
(April 2009 through November 2010)
Landscape Architect/ Project Manager,
Herbert, Rowland, & Grubic, Inc.,
Harrisburg & Gettysburg, PA
(October 1995 to September 2008)
Imagineering, A Div. of Dennis B. Henry, P.E., Inc.
(June 1989 to September 1995)
Rettew Associates, Inc.,
(September 1988 to May 1989)
Landscape Designer/ Project Coordinator,
(July 1988 to August 1988)
Land Development Technician,
C. S. Davidson, Inc.,
(July 1985 to July 1988)
__________________________References / Work Samples__________________________
References shall be provided upon request.Work Samples and further information can be found at www.dandwise.webs.com.